Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #16

I've now spent some time exploring Library Thing. I enjoy reading and I read many, many, many professional books throughout the year. My problem is reading for pleasure. Once I make the leap into a new book (for pleasure) I do nothing else. All I do is read, read and read until it's finished. Dishes go undone, laundry is ignored and my family longingly awaits the end of my book. So, because of my "sickness" I don't read for pleasure very often. I did enjoy exploring the site and reading the reviews. I know I could easily find a new book to obsess about on this site.
Teachers could use this site to find books that relate to the subject or topic they are teaching. I noticed many children's books are also cataloged and reviewed. I would have loved this resource as a classroom teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment