Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing #4

I really think I'll enjoy reading different blogs, especially those related to education. One of the blogs we were given was written by Will Richardson. This past year I had the opportunity to hear Will speak during one of the Assistant Principal academies through Region 10. He is a thought provoking man that really got me thinking about teaching and technology in the 21st century. I'm including a link to his website that I got during this training. He has several blogs and links worth looking through. http://willrichardson.wikispaces.com/

It is so important for us to look at teaching technology differently. Our current students are so much farther advanced than even we can imagine. We need to develop curriculum and standards that will enable our students to learn how to truly use our technology as a learning tool.

So with that in mind, I have a thought provoking question. Considering all the technology available in the palm of your hand (cell phones), is it time to reconsider how we view students using cell phones at school?

1 comment:

  1. I, too, wonder about cell phones in the classroom. I'm not sold on it yet.

    ReplyDelete